Cancellation & No Show Policy;
If you are unable to arrive for your scheduled appointment, please provide at least 24 hour’s notice. I will invoice full price for any appointments cancelled within 24 hours, or for any ‘no shows’. This is because I am unable to re-sell the slot.
I reserve the right to charge in advance for first appointments.
I will charge for appointments if you have booked and then do not come for your appointment.
Arriving late for your appointment may mean that I will need to shorten the length of your session or reschedule so that other clients are not inconvenienced. I will not refund for a shorter session.
I reserve the right to refuse service to any client or potential client. If I feel that a client is behaving inappropriately, I will stop the session immediately, and it will result in immediate termination of that client’s session & a refusal of any & all services in the future, and the client will be charged the full price.
I respectfully request that mobile phones are silenced during your session.
Occasionally there are contraindications which may prevent me from giving you a treatment. Please be aware.
I accept cash, card or bank transfer. Services may be pre-paid or paid at the time of service. I reserve the right to charge in advance for first appointments. All package discounts must be paid at the same time (eg 3 for £xxx).
Packages of 3 sessions must be taken within 6 months from date of purchase.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the most significant piece of privacy and data protection in twenty years. It takes effect on 25th May 2018 and from that date we are required to ensure that we gain a new data protection and privacy consent from all clients and people interested in the services and products we offer. In it (amongst other things) we confirm what information we hold about you and how we are permitted to use it.
General Data Protection Regulation Statement of Policy Choosewellbeing
The Policy This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by Susan Jaycock, sole trader, trading as ‘Choosewellbeing’. To perform our function, we need to collect and use certain types of information about the clients who use our services as a complementary therapy practice.
Choosewellbeing regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as highly important. We therefore strive to ensure that we treat personal information lawfully and correctly.
Data Protection Principles
Choosewellbeing endorses and is committed to adhering to the eight data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The eight Principles require that personal information is:
• Fairly and lawfully processed
• Processed for limited purposes
• Adequate, relevant and not excessive
• Accurate, and kept up-to-date
• Not kept longer than necessary
• Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
• Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection being provided to the personal data on individual subjects
Use of Your Personal Data
- We will use personal information provided by you for the purpose of carrying out therapy sessions for the following purposes:
- To decide on your suitability to receive a particular therapy or to decide which therapy would suit you as an individual taking into account medical and health considerations.
- To record what we did and make notes as to what our recommendations are for the next session.
- To check any contraindications
- To enable us to monitor your progress
- To adhere to our legal responsibilities in ensuring we have your contact details, date of birth etc.
- To process requests and enquiries from you.
- To communicate with you to remind you of your next appointment day and time by text and/or email and/or post
- To let you know if an appointments needs to be changed or cancelled
- To communicate with you about our services, events and news by email or postFor audit purposes
- To prevent or detect fraud
- To send you special offers and discount voucher
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above, and as required by law, and we will remove it when the purposes have been met.
Consent to collect personal information
In compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, when a new client books an appointment with Choosewellbeing they will be asked to formally consent to allow Choosewellbeing to collect and process their personal information. This will be done at their first appointment.
Choosewellbeing must process your personal information to perform its function. If an individual is not content to allow Choosewellbeing to process personal information, that individual will not be eligible to receive therapy sessions with Choosewellbeing.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Data
Choosewellbeing will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to limit the opportunity for unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and to guard against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to personal data.
Sharing of Personal Data
We share information in the following circumstances:
- Where we are required to do so by law
- When you have given consent for us to do so
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Choosewellbeing holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will contact you to check that the request has come from you before we disclose any personal information. Copies of available information will be supplied to your registered address.
Requests should be made, in writing, to Choosewellbeing, – use the contact form to request full postal address.
Amendment of Personal Data Held
If you believe that the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, you should submit corrections, in writing to the address given above as soon as possible.
Any personal information that you provide is controlled by the Data Controller, Susan Jaycock, Choosewellbeing. Choosewellbeing is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Reference Number: ZA130358.